'''Tcl-based Templating Engine'''
[http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/ | Apache Rivet] is a "templating engine" for the Tool Command Language ([Tcl]). It is implemented as an Apache 1.3 Module and thus requires the Apache Web Server version 1.3.''x'' and explicit configuration by the hosting system.
I find Rivet very useful, and have built several projects using it (notably The [Tcl Web Application Framework]), but have found the requirements burdensome.
To work around this issue, I've ported Rivet to CGI: [RivetCGI]
This can be used to:
1. (Mode 1) Directly replace "mod_rivet" on any version of Apache (including suexec support); ''or''
2. (Mode 2) Create a web application that can be used as a CGI on any webserver (see below); ''or''
3. (Mode 2) Create a web application that can be used as a standalone HTTP server
In "Mode 2", it can be used to create a web application that:
1. Is a single file with all resources bundled in; ''and''
2. Is a native executable for your platform; ''and''
3. Works in either CGI or HTTP server mode depending on how it is called; ''and''
4. Requires no modification to your Rivet application
* http://www.rkeene.org/devel/rivetcgi-0.5.0.2682.tar.gz --> * http://www.rkeene.org/devel/rivetcgi-0.5.0.3063.tar.gz
* http://resume.keene-enterprises.com/beta/ -- the included "index.cgi" is a single file with all resources (images, scripts, etc) bundled into it
Only in r25