Rivet r24 (See the current copy)
Tcl-based Templating Engine
Apache Rivet is a "templating engine" for the Tool Command Language (Tcl). It is implemented as an Apache 1.3 Module and thus requires the Apache Web Server version 1.3.x and explicit configuration by the hosting system.
I find Rivet very useful, and have built several projects using it (notably The Tcl Web Application Framework), but have found the requirements burdensome.
To work around this issue, I've ported Rivet to CGI: RivetCGI
This can be used to:
- (Mode 1) Directly replace "mod_rivet" on any version of Apache (including suexec support); or
- (Mode 2) Create a web application that can be used as a CGI on any webserver (see below); or
- (Mode 2) Create a web application that can be used as a standalone HTTP server
In "Mode 2", it can be used to create a web application that:
- Is a single file with all resources bundled in; and
- Is a native executable for your platform; and
- Works in either CGI or HTTP server mode depending on how it is called; and
- Requires no modification to your Rivet application
- http://resume.keene-enterprises.com/beta/ -- the included "index.cgi" is a single file with all resources (images, scripts, etc) bundled into it